Monday, March 16, 2009

Little Rock Marathon

Hello Race Fans,

Made it back from Little Rock and I am happy to report that I have a new marathon personal record! It was a tough course with plenty of hills but the weather was outstanding. Averaged around 50 degrees. My brother Kyle and I ran most of the race together which was very awesome. I came in just a few minutes a head of him. My time was 4:49:06. I am not the speediest, but love to run, love the challenge and love to finish! I had 4 PowerBar PowerGel's to keep my blood sugar up along the run and ate a half of banana and a slice of orange along the way. I drank a mixture of water and Gatorade at the many water stations they had along the way.

My brother and I stayed at the Peabody Hotel. $125 a night! Can't beat it! The Expo was in this hotel and the start and finish line were in walking distance from the hotel. Very very nice set up.

I drove 5 1/2 hours to and from the race. Not a bad drive from St. Louis at all. All interstate. It went much quicker than I would have thought.

We ate twice at a restaurant called Big Whiskey's. I would highly recommend it. All types of food and very delicious. Also walking distance to the hotel.

This is now my 8th marathon and 7th state marathon I have run. Finishing the race is a new and awesome experience every time. The people that we met are just incredible. They motivate me to continue to push very hard. I met a lady who was 45 and this was her 38th marathon. We also met a couple who are travelling around the country and trying for 50 half marathons as well. Great people, great food and great experience! Run, run as fast as you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment