Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Why do you run?

Hello folks!

On my way back from Wyoming; a quick trip, but a very pleasant one! I have only great things to say about the Casper, WY marathon….Great Brook’s athletic shirt, awesome spinning medal, finish line that started and ended at hotel and they even match my bib number to the number of marathon I have run thus far; 21!!! A very nice touch!

I have said it before, but I have to repeat it again… I am humbled every time I run a marathon. Yesterday I met a man who has multiple sclerosis. He was running his 13th marathon this year! Wow! He is 47 years old and will try to complete 50 marathons in 50 states by age 50! Nothing keeping this man down!!! Also, met a lady who was doing her 50th marathon today in her 50th state and it happened to be her 50th B-day!!! Now that’s some awesome karma! J

The smaller marathons seem to attract a lot of the 50 stater’s and I am starting to get to know a lot of people I see on a regular basis at these races. There are many of us crazy folk out there trying to accomplish this goal. Some with hurdles trying to overcome things and many who just plane like to run!!! Why do you run! It certainly makes me feel good about myself and consistently reminds me that I can do anything I set my mind too. It gives you an awesome sense of accomplishment and it also allows me to eat ice cream every so often! J

Today is my daughter Katie’s 12th B-day. I am anxious to get home and spend some time with her before we have to call it a day! She had a sleep over last night with 9 girls! Wow, Dad is somewhat glad that I did not witness the decibel level going on there!!! Happy Birthday Sweetheart! I love you bunches and I am very proud of the young lady you have become!

Until we meet again, or until I run again! Do something nice for someone today! It will make you feel awesome!

Catch me if you can!

KB

No comments:

Post a Comment