Monday, December 21, 2009

Can you still hear the bell ring?

Happy Holidays! Happy Holidays! Happy Holidays! Sorry, I almost got caught up in a Christmas Carol! :)

In the movie the Polar Express, the people who believe in Christmas; the true meaning of Christmas, can still hear the reindeer bell that appears several times throughout the movie. Now you may not believe in flying reindeer or Santa coming down your chimney, but if you open your heart to the true meaning of Christmas, you will be fortunate to hear and see all the wonderful things that Christmas has to offer. The kindness, joy, love, consideration, compassion and worship that all is part of this wonderful season. Sometimes we all slip into a little Scrooge mode when something doesn't go quite our way. This Christmas I promise you if you open your heart to peace, love, honesty and kindness, you will find more enjoyment out of this holiday then you ever could have imagined. Open your heart to goodness!

Today was my day off from running but I did hit the weight room and worked on building that core. :) My brother Kyle who I run with a lot is coming in for the holidays. We usually get a run or two in while he is home. I can't let the little bro show me up! :) Three more weeks til the Disney Marathon. Sometimes the winter months can make it hard to train. It feels better to snuggle in a warm blanket with a bowl of popcorn and a good movie. Trust me, there is always time for that after you spend an hour or so a day doing your training. Here's a quote by an Olympian Emil Zatopek, "If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years, then willpower is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter. I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to." Discipline is what builds champions. We don't have to all be Olympians, but if we want to reach our goals or achieve something great, we must do things; yes, even when we don't want to or it's not convenient.

Enjoy the holiday and especially the time with family and friends. No price tag can replace family and friends. I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and I hope that reindeer bell rings for you!!!

Run in the sun, the snow, the rain or even on the treadmill! :) Just run!
KB

No comments:

Post a Comment